Friday, July 13, 2007

blueberry

Blueberries are available in the supermarkets now. They are coming from the U.S.

I saw on a U.S. news program that the price of blueberries was rising. The first pack that I bought was quite expensive almost US$4 for 150g. Another pack that I saw was organic and almost US$8! (I quickly put that one back.) The next time I bought some, it was US$3 for 150g. I think it may be timing.

All I know is that they are good with sliced bananas and muesli in the morning.

It is Friday the 13th...We are expecting a typhoon over the next couple of days. Okinawa has already had very strong winds and rain. It is already raining here, I usually go grocery shopping everyday, but just in case I can't get out on Saturday and Sunday, I'm going to pick up a few more things today. Satoshi is also supposed to go on a business trip to Guam and Saipan on Sunday, but with the typhoon coming, he wasn't sure if he would be able to fly out...wish us luck!

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard about the impending typhoon news this morning! Hope you'll be safe and sound...the image clips looked pretty serious.

As for blueberries, I haven't noticed them yet but they ARE expensive. Blueberry juice too, which I like to drink for all of the health bennies. We were attempting to grow a bush in our yard but it was so small, and sorta blended into the overgrown grass, that my dad mowed it down when he was here!

BTW, I'm sure Japan has a lot of cool legends and stories...let's hear some of it! Have a great w/e!

K and S said...

So far so good here, the typhoon is over Okinawa right now, Rowena.

Too bad about your blueberry bush, would have been nice to see some of your homegrown blueberries. Maybe it will revive?

If I come across any cool legends/stories, I'll be sure to post about them.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hello from Finland! I found your blog via postcrossing. I should send you a postcard =) I noticed you wrote how expensive the blueberries are. Well, here in Finland we´ve forests "full of blueberries". My mother and father was yesterday picking up blueberries and maybe I´ll get some blueberry-pie today ;) It´s a harm that those berries are so expensive in Japan :( Let´s hope I can find some nice postcard to You =)

K and S said...

Hi Paula,

Thanks for stopping by! It is nice that blueberries are plentiful where you live. Enjoy!

Take care.
Kat