Sunday, July 15, 2007

dinner for one

Well, the typhoon has passed Osaka, I think we got off easy with just a lot of rain. This morning the sun was actually shining as if the typhoon never existed.

Satoshi is off to Guam & Saipan for business. It was kind of questionable with the typhoon, but it looks like he'll be able to fly out from Narita. (He has to fly out from Narita because all the flights from Kansai were full.)

So, it is just me for dinner tonight. Kind of sad cooking for one...oh well.

I made buta kim chee donburi (pork with kim chee bowl) and put it atop lettuce, mizuna and rice. I also had carrot salad, some daikon pickles and the spicy soybeans. The spicy soybeans are good cold as well as straight out of the pan.

I may not post for awhile, unless I get inspired to cook this week, but I wouldn't hold my breath, although you never know...

Have a great week!

12 comments:

OkiHwn said...

Gonna miss your posts!

K and S said...

Who knows Nate, I may get in the kitchen sometime during the week ;)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that the typhoon passed without doing much damage! And I totally know what you mean about cooking for one - when I am the only one who is going to be eating, I can hardly be bothered and usually do things like beans on toast and other easy things!

K and S said...

Thanks Ellie, I'm glad we didn't lose power or have damage like other parts of Japan. I don't think everyone would enjoy my posts about cereal for dinner, or would they?....

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I'm glad everything is fine now. Stay warm, and have a great weekend now, Kat :)

Kat said...

Hi Kat! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I actually have been following your blog for a while too! A couple months now. Ever since my husband and I went to Japan for our honeymoon in April, we are really into Japanese food and culture : ) We got to see the sakura which was really nice. We live on Oahu, in Manoa and hope to visit Japan in a couple years : )

Kat said...

Hi Kat!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I've been following your blog for a while now, a couple months. Ever since my husband and I went to Japan for our honeymoon in April we are really into Japanese food and culture. Funny, we are ethnically Japanese but culturally we are very ignorant. We live on Oahu in Manoa. We hope to return to Japan in a couple years : )

K and S said...

MeltingWok, it is so humid here that I won't have to worry about keeping warm!

Thanks Kat, I hope you will be able to return to Japan soon!

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Waaa! buta kim chee donburi!! Oishiso-! I love kim chee but it's hard to come by good ones here in London... :-( Your post is making me hungry - It's 9.40pm here, & I haven't had dinner yet!

K and S said...

I hope you can get your hands on some good kim chee Tamami! I would be totally bitchy if I hadn't had my dinner by 9:40pm :)

Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Kat

test it comm said...

The buta kimchi looks good. I will have to see if I can find some kimchi.

K and S said...

I hope you can find some kim chee too, Kevin. Thanks for stopping by and take care!

Kat