Thursday, July 26, 2007

reisei pasta

I hate to be so whiney and grumble about the heat and humidity so much especially since other areas in Europe have it way worse, but the heat and humidity was pretty bad today. It was so bad that we have the a/c on, but it is still warm inside (31C/87F). And when I changed my clothes, it felt like when you put something on straight out of the dryer, only problem is we have no dryer.

Satoshi was off today, and I had a bead class, so I had to figure out what we could eat for lunch since we didn't have time to eat out. I recently found a new recipe for reisei pasta, so I wanted to try it out. Reisei means cool dish, so reisei pasta is cool pasta. I've made a version and also have bought reisei pasta in the past and posted about it here and here.

This recipe is really fast and delicious, if you have the ingredients, I hope you will try it.

Reisei pasta serves 2
2 portions cappelini or any type of pasta you have
1/2 can of tuna
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon capers
2 tablespoons pine nuts
6 leaves basil, torn
4 tablespoon EVOO
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
salt
pepper

Put the tuna, tomato, capers, basil into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Mix well and chill.
Cook pasta about 30 seconds longer than what the package says.
When the pasta is ready, put into an ice bath.
Drain the pasta well and add the tuna mixture. Add the EVOO, balsamic vinegar and nuts.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy!

NOTES: I used whole wheat fusilli and spaghetti, added diced onions and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds and pine nuts. I also had some Italian parsley leftover, so I tore that up and added it in too. Instead of 4 tablespoons of EVOO, I only used 2. This pasta went nicely with 3-bean salad.

12 comments:

OkiHwn said...

Oh, you get real junk AC. I get three split units for my 2 LDK. Sometimes it gets too cold! Have it set for 25C (77F). Sorry to make you jealous, but that's why I hate to go out on weekends during the summer. Right now it's 33C (92F) in Mihama.

K and S said...

I think part of it also has to do with us being on the top floor of a cement building, Nate! I have ours set at 25C too because it is supposed to be better for the environment.

Take care!
Kat

ilingc said...

Hi Kat, I often make something similar to this for a lunch during the weekdays and as bizzare as it sounds, I've never thought of using 2 types of pasta in a pasta dish. I love the composition of the two different pastas on your plate, it just looks so.. cool. (if you would pardon the pun) :)

K and S said...

Thanks Ilingc, I actually wanted to make this dish with just spaghetti, but didn't have enough for 2 portions, so I ad-libbed and used some fusilli.

Thanks for stopping by and take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

It feels like you put something on straight out of the dryer??!! Ugh! I know we got it bad here, but it sounds much worse for you!

Cool pasta is a good idea. So fast and easy too!

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to try this Rowena, it really helps take your mind off the heat :)

Take care!
Kat

Cheesywee said...

mmm this looks like really good summer dish served cold! and the cappelini with the spaghetti pasta actually looks nice together!

K and S said...

Thanks Cheesywee! I hope you get a chance to try this recipe it really is easy.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Aloha! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I hope I can provide interesting reviews for your to read in the future :P

I was just in Japan last thanksgiving, and had a blast. The food is ESPECIALLY good there from what I was able to experience.

K and S said...

Thanks for stopping by Dale, can't wait to see your reviews. Hopefully I can get new ideas for places to eat when I go home from your blog!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

yum yum! looks great!

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to try this Anne, it is easy and delicious :)

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Kat