Monday, July 16, 2007

sleepless in minoo (or urusai!)

My neighbors are awful. They like to fight at 2 in the morning. With my ear on my pillow I can hear EVERY word that my neighbors on the 2nd floor are screaming, and every door they are slamming. I'm amazed at how much sound carries in a cement building. The way sound bounces off the other building around us, it sounds like they are fighting right out on our lanai. Why don't the police come? The police here don't seem too powerful like the ones in the U.S. (or maybe the ones in the U.S. are too powerful?) Guess I'll try to take a nap now, everything seems to have calmed down...Hope no one got hurt.

3 comments:

OkiHwn said...

That's different from here. I cannot hear anyting through the walls to from my neighbors on eithr side or above or under. Same withe previous apartment I had on my first tour here. Maybe it's the more substantial construction because of typnoon/earthquake construction here. Okinawa is the one few places on earth I think that is the safest from typhoons/earthquakes.

Rowena said...

Yikes Kat! Drama scene at 2 in the morning? Maybe you might want to look into a set of earplugs...not that it would entirely solve the problem, but perhaps it'll mute the words enough so that you won't need to hear all the angry details!

K and S said...

You are probably right, Nate. I think the buildings are built better in Okinawa.

I had the screen door open, so I closed the place up and turned on the a/c. During my nap, I listened to my walkman, but could still hear their son running around! and I had my walkman on loud!

Take care you two.
Kat