Sunday, January 24, 2010

cafe yooi

There is a place that I spotted on one of my walks.

Cafe Yooi.

There used to be a zakka (knick-knack) shop in this space and the next time I walked past, it had turned into a cafe.

I wasn't too sure of their hours, so I wasn't sure when Satoshi and I would be able to try them out.

Luckily, we were able to try them for lunch yesterday.

I love the high counter, wooden furniture and big windows. Very homey.

Satoshi ordered their nikomi hamburger set...950 yen (about US$9.50). A big hamburger patty simmered in a tomato based sauce.

This dish had a lot of veggies in it, came with a salad on the side and a drink (Satoshi ordered coffee).

I chose their beef stew set...950 yen (about US$9.50). A rich hearty stew with generous pieces of beef and vegetables in it.

This also came with a salad and a drink (I chose Earl Grey Tea).

It was a nice lunch, and I look forward to trying their curry and other items on their menu.

Cafe Yooi
3-2-13 Iguchido
Ikeda, Osaka
Phone: 072.747.9000
Closed Mondays

9 comments:

jalna said...

The food looks wonderful! I'm curious . . . the bikes outside the door in the first pic, are they customers' bikes?

Unknown said...

That looks like a nice cozy spot for lunch!

K and S said...

No Jalna, there is a bike shop next door, there is actually a little alleyway between the cafe and the bike shop.

Definitely Rick :)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - I noticed the same thing as jalna, so thanks for clearing that up. The portinos look quite generous.

K and S said...

They were pretty generous Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

What a cute place and the food looks really good too!

K and S said...

The food was really delicious Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I like the choice of natural colors in the cafe's decor. Looks like a great place to hang out!

K and S said...

Rowena, I think I may hang here when I want to get out of the house but not go too far :)

Take care.
Kat