Monday, February 13, 2012

el.zocalo burrito

After reading Dayna's comment about El.Zocalo Burrito, I was interested in trying them out.

Then, after reading Tabelog, Japan's Yelp, it seemed that their portions were kinda big.

So, instead of going alone, I dragged Satoshi along.

The shop is located close to the Yotsubashi station and was easy to find.

We ordered a shrimp burrito set to share, this came with the burrito, a soft drink, guacamole and chips...980 yen.

The burrito is filled with rice, veggies and lots of tiny shrimp, delicious.

The chips are fried before serving and are delicious with the guacamole and a little drizzle of salsa.

We also ordered a plate of chili bean nachos to share, this seemed like it was minced chicken, kidney beans, cheese and salsa...600 yen.

Everything wasn't too spicy, and could have been spicier, but we agreed that it was perfect for people trying tex-mex style food for the first time.

It's not an area we frequent, but we'll be back when we're in this area. (Thanks Dayna!)

El.Zocalo Burrito
1-9-6 Kitahorie
Nishi-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6533.0337
Closed Mondays
Hours: 11:30-22:00

16 comments:

Rowena said...

I am betting that Satoshi was glad that you dragged him along. That's a lot of delish food!!!!

Donna said...

Looks delicious!

Does Mexican food in Japan tend to be more like the chains in the US--Taco Bell, Chipotle--or is there ever an actual Mexican population that is opening restaurants?

K and S said...

he loves guac & chips, Rowena, so I know he wasn't disappointed :)

There are some Mexicans that have restaurants here Donna, but most of the restaurants I've seen are Japanese who have travelled to Mexico and/or the U.S. and try to replicate the dishes. I sometimes wish we had fast food types like Taco Bell here, so I can get some real "fake" cheese :)

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Ooooh, looks so yummy!

Admin said...

I also love burritos, Kat! They are so delicious and filling :)

Japan Australia said...

Some good Mexican there. You can find some good authentic Mexican restaurants in Japan, but they can be harder to find than other cuisines.

Japan Australia

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna, it was :)

They are delicious and filling Mikuru :)

So true J-A!

Take care everyone.
Kat

Dayna said...

Glad you and Satoshi liked it :D I only go there if I'm in the area, too. I had their cheese quesadilla last time, which was pretty good!

K and S said...

Thanks again Dayna :) will make note of the quesadilla!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

The shrimp burrito looks really good.
;-)

K and S said...

it was Deb :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, I love Mexican food! I've never had it in Japan but I probably wasn't seeking it out to be honest, haha. There's too much other food that I want!

KirkK said...

It always interesting to see how other interpret stuff like Chinese and Mexican food.

K and S said...

true K :)

that is true too Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

OMG I didn't know about Tabelog! I have to check it out!

K and S said...

you should check it out Nami :)

Take care.
Kat