Wednesday, December 19, 2012

pizza

Love the internet, lots of ideas and inspiration.

One of my Instagram friends posted a picture of a "chinese meat lovers" pizza, the version that was posted had Chinese roast pork, char siu, hoisin sauce chicken, round onion and green onion.

I decided to try and make my own version...

I used a pre-made pizza crust. For "sauce" I used hoisin sauce.

I cut up 1 lup cheong (Chinese sausage), a piece of char siu, and thinly sliced some yellow onion. I sauteed this in a non-stick pan, to get some of the oil out of the meats and to soften the onion. Afterwards, I put the contents onto a paper towel to soak up the oil.

I then put this meat mixture onto the pizza crust with the hoisin sauce and then sprinkled some green onion and cheese.

Then I toasted it for about 15 minutes. Before eating, I sprinkled some fresh cilantro.

This was delicious, I liked the sweet and salty combo.

What have you been eating for dinner?

5 comments:

K said...

What a creative pizza topping idea, this looks great!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Pizza can be so versatile and fun to find out the next delicious flavor/kind! Looks delicious!!!

K and S said...

Thanks K & Nami :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

If I had decent internet...sigh. Last night I spoke with my son and he suggested Skype, and I was like, yeah right. I don't even have decent upload speed!

K and S said...

I feel for you Rowena, I don't know what I would do without decent internet.

Take care.
Kat