Thursday, October 01, 2015

garam masala pork and apples

I don't know about you but I don't like soggy apples.

Whenever I run into one, I always try to bake with them.

Yesterday, gave me the perfect chance to try this recipe I copied from "Family Circle".

Garam Masala Pork and Apples : Serves 4
Ingredients
3 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 sliced Honeycrisp apples
1 sliced red onion
1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons garam masala
4 bone-in pork chops (8oz each)

Directions
Combine canola oil, salt, pepper, ground ginger, and cumin. In prepared sheet pan, combine apples, onion and garbanzo beans.
Toss with 2 tbsp of the oil mixture.
Combine garam masala with remaining oil mixture and brush over pork chops.
Arrange chops over vegetables and roast at 450F (230C) for 18 minutes. Broil 2 minutes.


NOTES: I didn't have Honeycrisp apples, and used the soggy one that I did have. I also couldn't get bone-in pork chops and just used what I could find.

I would cover this with foil while roasting, since the onions were still on the raw side, then take the foil off to put everything under the broiler.

Flavorwise, I liked this...I'll try this again.

6 comments:

Rowena said...

definitely a fall kind of dish - did you eat it with rice?

alibaba37 said...

I'm with you, only crispy apples please!

KirkK said...

Looks nice Kat!

K and S said...

no, we hardly eat rice for dinner these days Rowena.

whoo, alibaba37!

thanks Kirk :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

K said...

Pork and apples- great combo!

K and S said...

indeed K!

Take care.
Kat