Wednesday, September 14, 2016

ochazuke

When I think of ochazuke I think of a hot dish (hot rice, hot tea), these days in summer there are cold versions.

One version I saw on TV, used rice from the freezer, defrosted in cold water.

Topped with chopped up canned fish, mixed with some umeboshi.

Some torn up nori and chopped up tsukemono.

Sprinkle some ground sesame seeds and then add some cold tea.

I didn't have frozen rice, so I used warm rice from the rice cooker.

And topped my ochazuke with cold tea.

It was perfect for this humidity.

7 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Hmm, cold, just doesn't seem right. But I should try it first. :)

K and S said...

Mich, different yeah? but better than the people eating hiyashi curry...

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Interesting!!

KirkK said...

Wow cold chazuke, huh? Interesting.

K and S said...

different yeah, Jalna?!

they even have cold curry and cold ramen Kirk, which I think is just wrong...

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Looks good, I might have to try this with some canned mackerel!

K and S said...

hope you like this K!

Take care.
Kat