Friday, September 23, 2016

so...

So, the library called to say that the book I requested was in.

I went to pick it up the other day.

It is a self-serve system.

Scan your library card, get the number for the area that they are holding all the books on request.

Then scan your requested book and your library card.

Out pops a receipt which tells you when you need to bring the book back.

No talking to anyone, just scan, and go.

I would think as a librarian you would be interested in seeing what others are reading.

As a person borrowing a book, I would've hoped there was more interaction with the librarian.

Was kinda sad that this is how they run the library here.

6 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

We have to ask the librarian for the held book, probably so someone else doesn't take it first, especially if it's a popular one. I actually prefer the self-checkout since it's usually faster, but I agree with you that it's nice to talk to the librarian sometimes!

K and S said...

that is true too Sheri!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

a glimpse of the future, I think. I mean, look at how their making self-driving cars, is it any wonder that there will be limited interaction in the outside world? we are very well-connected thanks to technology, but that element that defines us as humans will go the way of the dinosaur when more and more things are accomplished by machines.

K and S said...

I think you may be right Rowena.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Sounds efficient but I agree about the "old" human interaction!

K and S said...

thanks K!

Take care.
Kat