Tuesday, September 06, 2016

zoodles

Zoodles are what they call the "noodles" made from zucchini.

Anyway, Satoshi made zoodles for dinner on Sunday.

I cut them a little and put it into a non-stick pan.

Then on medium heat, I covered it for about 4 minutes.

While cooking some liquid came out from the veg, so it kinda steamed during that time and became a little soft but not mushy.

And then we topped it with homemade meat sauce.

This was a nice way to get in lots of veggies.

It is still quite warm to be baking stuff or eating casseroles, but I also want to try baking the zoodles with cheese...

UPDATE: 9/26/2016 baked zoodles with cheese, rice and some minced chicken...so good!

9 comments:

jalna said...

Interesting!

K and S said...

fun way to cut out carbs Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

"Zoodles" huh? For some reason makes me think of Sammy....he's a schnoodle! lol!

Rowena said...

I am wow'd over the part that says Satoshi made zoodles, but wondering exactly what part of the meal he did?

Rowena said...

haha now I get it - he just cut the zucchini, but you did the rest. And here I thought he was complete master of your domain for the evening. ^^

K and S said...

lol Rowena, yes, he only made the zucchini noodles :) I made the rest!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

lol Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Baked with cheese sounds great!

K and S said...

Just tried it baked with cheese K, so good!

Take care.
Kat