Thursday, December 22, 2005

snow!!

Today we had a slight blizzard, it actually started from last night. The weather had forecasted the high as being 5C(41F) and the low -2C(28.4F), yes you read correctly, -2C!!

When we woke up this morning, the apartment that can be seen from our lanai had a good amount of snow on the top of its roof.

Unfortunately, today was garbage day, so I had to go down to put our garbage into the area for pick-up. It was white all over and still snowing at a pretty steady pace.

When Satoshi left for work at about 8:30am, the area outside of our door had started to accumulate some snow.

Today was also my last crochet class of the year. Although the class starts at 1:00pm, I decided to go to Umeda early for lunch.

Since it was still snowing, I got dressed and headed out at about 10:00am. I was surprised because there was about an inch (2.54 cm) of snow outside of our door area. And the steps were nicely covered. I SLOWLY made my way down the steps (we have no hand rails!!) and to the station.

There was a lot of traffic on the bigger roads and some cars didn't have chains on their tires. The train was running a little behind schedule due to the snow too.

While I was excited to see so much snow, I was also a bit scared because there was so much snow.

They say that this weather may continue through the weekend....I guess we'll have a "white christmas" this year...

This is a project that I finished today, it is clip-on earrings and a ring. I have another project to finish but that will be done "next year".

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: