Wednesday, February 08, 2006

great to be back...

For the past couple of days I have been battling a fever, chills and body ache...the kitchen and appetite was closed...and I became another year older in the whole process...
This was a gift from my host sister, Tomoko and her husband, Koji. Can you believe that these beauties are artificial? I plan to use this to hold fresh fruit.

My husband gave me these purple tulips. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I'm not quite sure when it became my favorite but it is. Maybe it's because they look like light bulbs all lit up in the sun...For part of our honeymoon we went to Amsterdam's Keukenhof Gardens. There were tulips everywhere! I only wish that the weather was a bit more sunny, but I guess in April, it gets a bit cloudy...I think I've influenced Satoshi because now he's into tulips and lavender too!

Thank you also to all my family and friends who sent wonderful e-cards. You really made me smile on a day when I was really feeling low. :)

Finally, I can get back into the kitchen and back to being a foodie...

5 comments:

Journal Actif said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were un-well. I was thinking about you yesterday and wondered what about you being silent for 2 or 3 days.
Both the tulips and the apples are gorgeous. The apples, I can't believe how authentic they look.
I wish you a very prompt recovery.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kat I had no idea you weren't feeling well! I thought you were a bit quiet on the blog front but I figured you were busy with other things.

I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Those tulips are gorgeous! Your husband is very thoughtful ... it's not quite tulip season here in Toronto, but when it is I buy them by the armload!

Hugs from Toronto!

K and S said...

Hi Zoubida & Ivonne,

Thanks for the well wishes. Feeling much, much better, just a runny nose left. :)

This winter is really cold!!

Keep warm you two!!

Kat & Satoshi

Anonymous said...

Aloha Kat,
A belated happy birthday!!
Mine was around the same time... hope you are feeling better. Sometimes it's good to just veg out and in no time life entices you to participate again.
happy days.
Debi

K and S said...

Hi Debi,

Happy Belated B-day to you too!

Still have a slight cough, and runny nose, but at least no fever!
Will definitely take your advice and veg awhile :)

Thanks for stopping by!