Friday, July 21, 2006

sexy

Got your attention, right?

This is the name of the dark chocolate bar from New Tree. This company is from Belgium and it is a 73% cacao with ginger shavings in it.

The name, “ NEWTREE” means a new (“New”), approach to nutrition (“Nutrition”) as well as the use of natural plants and ingredients (as implied by the word “Tree”) in foodstuffs.

The shavings of ginger in this bar is very spicy, to the point of kind of burning your mouth and throat and the chocolate is very good. I think I'll try another flavor the next time I'm roaming the aisles.

Some of the Belgian bar namings are a bit different from the American ones, but the contents seem to be the same. Oh, and the packaging looks a bit different too.

Here is the link to the Belgian website: www.newtree.be, which can be viewed in several languages.

Here is the link to the American website: www.newtree.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes ... you most certainly got my attention! Thanks for introducing me!!!

K and S said...

Hi Ivonne,

Hope you can find this one in your area!!

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

I like that packaging a little more than the US packaging. It's one of those things where a white box doesn't give me a dark chocolate feel, but this sure does.

Ginger in chocolate is one of my favorite things and while this wasn't the best I've had it was pretty darn nice.

K and S said...

I noticed the white packaging in your post and can understand what you mean about the "dark chocolate feel". BTW, the milk chocolate boxes are a milk chocolate color.

I heard that Green & Black's has a ginger dark chocolate, if you can get your hands on that one, I'd really like to hear about it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Kat

K and S said...

Hi William (again),

I just read on your blog that you did try G & B's ginger bar.

Can't wait to find this one myself!

Kat