Thursday, October 12, 2006

salame di cioccolato & marron truffle

Just wanted to share with you....

This is the inside of the marron truffle by Le Chocolatier Takagi. The whole chestnut is glazed with a caramel shell, I think they call this marron glace. Then it is covered with dark chocolate. Not too sweet but very delicious.

The salame di cioccolato made by Sol Levante is amazing! Whole hazelnuts and crispies packed into gianduja chocolate. This one is also not very sweet but very creamy and the crisps and nuts give it a crunch. It was kind of hard to stop at one piece...

I think both would go well with a nice espresso or black coffee.

Enjoy the weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anything better than hazelnuts and chocolate? I think not. Yum! Enjoy! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling over here!

K and S said...

Hi TM,

Actually chocolate with any kind of nuts is great! :)

Hi Ivonne,

Sorry we don't live closer, would definitely bring some over!

Take care you two.

Kat

Rowena said...

I am sold. Now I want to make both of these. My husband's work colleague gave me a bag of shelled chestnuts. What better way to use them than in making marron glace!!

K and S said...

Cool! Will be waiting to see what you come up with. :)

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

That truffle looks awesome.

K and S said...

It was very good, Peabody!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kat