Tuesday, January 09, 2007

mabo tofu

The weather has been kind of weird, it starts off sunny, which gets me to do a load of laundry, and then turns all cloudy and rainy....sigh.

For tonight's dinner, I decided to try a new mabo tofu recipe. I've used a recipe which I received from a friend every time I make this dish, which I've posted about here and here, but this recipe was in a cookbook that I have from a Szechuan restaurant which I posted about here.

I like it, but it doesn't taste quite as I envisioned it would. So, before I pass on this recipe, I think I'll tweak it here and there.

Hope your week is going well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This mabo tofu looks kind of pale compared to ones I've eaten at restaurants. Although, I find it harder and harder to find a place that serves good mabo tofu.

K and S said...

You are right about the paleness, Monique. That is why I want to try this recipe again. It didn't look anything like the photo in the book.

Take care.
Kat