Friday, November 16, 2007

minoo koen

3 stations away from where we live is Minoo Koen (Minoo Park). It is a 3 kilometers (1.86 miles) walk from the train station all the way into the park to the Minoo waterfall. We have walked to the falls during different times of the year and it is always a nice way to enjoy nature while getting some exercise.

On Wednesday, the weather was really nice, so I took my camera and walked the trail to the waterfall.

Though the leaves weren't all beautifully "painted", there were still a lot of people picnicking. And enjoying their bento (boxed lunch). Made me wish I had brought some lunch with me.

Growing up in Hawaii, we don't have the change in seasons, so Autumn, Winter and Spring are very exciting seasons for me.
Hope you are enjoying the fall foliage where you are.

Have a nice weekend.

11 comments:

Rowena said...

Gotta love that ORANGE!

I love the colors of autumn but when the leaves fall off and the temps begin to drop lower than 40F (it was 35F this morning!), that's when I wish that I was back home. Too bad I'm not going back this year :-(.

K and S said...

Rowena,
I am okay when the temp drops, it is when the weather is all dreary then I want to be in Hawaii!

Too bad you are not going back this year. Hopefully you can go back sometime next year. I'm going back in February for a month or so.

Take care and keep warm.
Kat

bourgogne said...

so pretty! i'm missing the colors of france. in l.a., while not getting any autumn, i am getting much welcomed warmer weather!

OkiHwn said...

Kat - Will be visiting again in mid February for a couple weeks. Let's get together again and try a couple places if you're still there.

K and S said...

ooh, warm weather in L.A. sounds wonderful Bourgogne! :)

Sure Nate!

Take care you two.
Kat

Tamakikat said...

Hi from Kyoto. Enjoying your blog. Especially pictures of sweets and foliage:)
If you know any good places-cafes/parks-in Kyoto let me know.

K and S said...

Hi Tamakikat,

Thanks for stopping by. It seems you love Paris too. You may want to check out Patisserie Kanae near Sanjo. She makes macarons and lovely cakes. I posted about it here.

Take care and enjoy the season.
Kat

Tamakikat said...

Kanae's is 5 minutes from my apartment. Guess my afternoon tea tomorrow is sorted:)

Thank you:)

K

K and S said...

cool! I hope you like it Tamakikat!

Take care.
Kat

Pandabonium said...

Beautiful pictures. I have also come to appreciate the changes of season in Japan.

This weekend we will see how the fall colors are at Fukuroda waterfalls in northern Ibaraki.

K and S said...

Thanks Pandabonium! The seasons are so different from Hawaii, yeah?

I hope the falls in Ibaraki will be fully colored for you!

Take care.
Kat