Thursday, November 22, 2007

suigetsu park

Tuesday started off really sunny, so I went walking. For lunch, I stopped in at MOS burger and tried their yakiniku (marinated and grilled meat) rice burger. The thing I like about MOS burger is that they make everything after you order, so nothing is sitting out under a heat lamp. This "burger" has no bun, the rice "bun" is grilled with some soy sauce and then the lettuce and yakiniku is added. Delicious! It is quite small, so if you have a big appetite, you may need to order something on the side.

After lunch, I walked to Suigetsu Park. It is about a 5 minute walk from MOS. We've gone here in the past and I've posted about the park here, here, here and here. There weren't any momiji (maple trees) in the park, but the sakura (cherry trees) had wonderfully colored leaves that had already fallen to the ground.

While walking through the park the weather turned quite overcast and gloomy, I was afraid of being caught in a shower, so I walked home, it was still nice to be out and about.

p.s. Today is Ii fufu no hi, tell your sweetie or significant other how much you love them.

8 comments:

Kathy YL Chan said...

ooo, i've always wanted to try MOS burger! they had one location in waikiki, but it closed down before i could make it there...hehehe.

love all the li hing in your last post! which reminds me, i must tell mom and dad to bring some over when they visit! :)

K and S said...

Kathy,

Too bad it closed down, it was better than McDonald's.

You're so lucky to have your parents come to visit :) I hope they bring all your favorite munchies!

Take care.
Kat

Unknown said...

Yeah Mos Burger Waikiki would have been 3 minutes walk from my building! Now it's Max Mara clothes, something I will never need.

fufu no hi!? Happy Thanksgiving! I'll celebrate fufu no hi tomorrow.

Chibog in Chief said...

Reading this post makes me miss japan even more ;-(.. I love yakiniku!! i remember every weekend i would go out with my friends in some yakiniku restaurants (of course without wearing my fave clothes ..;if i dont want them to smell like yakiniku ) ..though i've always passed by at MOS burger i've never tried it..im more of a Mc-do person.;too bad i should have tried it..Japan must be soo beautiful this season of momiji!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a new reader of your blog - found you on 'The Traveler's Lunchbox'. I have a passion for Japanese food, but have only started making a few recipes myself. Look forward to reading about your adventures.
Erika
www.asweetpea.wordpress.com

Amrita said...

over here, it takes about 20 mins to recieve your order @ MOS...it's so annoying!!! haha! have you tried the KINPIRA rice burger? its good!

Jann said...

Beautiful color in the leaves~parks are wonderful,so are the walks!

K and S said...

It was one minute from where I used to work, Rick!

Too bad you didn't get a chance to try MOS, Dhanggit, I think it may switch you over from McD's.

Thanks Erika, hope to see you around here more often :)

Yes, I've tried the kinpira burger, Amrita, it is delicious!

Walks are the best, Jann!

Take care everyone.
Kat