Monday, February 04, 2008

meme & a thank you

After seeing, Jaden's posts about vanilla, saffron and her cool julienne gadget (since my knifing skills suck the big one)---I had to get them while I am home. Thanks for the info Jaden! I can't wait to try the gadget out and make some vanilla extract with the beans. (The postage to Hawaii was outrageous, but hopefully worth it.)

On another note, Su-Lin of Tamarind and Thyme tagged me for a meme:

Here are 7 random/weird things about me.
1. I like to wash my dishes in a particular order (cups, dishes, utensils) and stack them to dry so they look neat and organized.

2. I used to save my favorite food to eat last, but have since changed my ways and now eat it first, so I won't be totally full at the end of the meal not to eat it.

3. If I want something, like a cookbook, gadget or book, on the market, I usually cannot sleep and will hunt all over for it until I get it. (OCD? maybe.)

4. Most people think I'm "type A" (in Japan they consider this blood type to have characteristics of be quite controlling and anal) blood type, but I think I'm actually "type B" (in Japan they consider this blood type to be quite relaxed and easy going). (I actually don't know my blood type, do you?)

5. I can usually wake up without an alarm clock at the same time every day.

6. Only when I used to drive my father's Buick did the odometer go backwards.

7. I love tuna with kimchi sandwiches.

If you'd like to participate in this meme, consider yourself tagged! Thanks Su-Lin, this meme was quite interesting.

11 comments:

Chibog in Chief said...

i've been tagged too on this meme :)
just like you i can wake up too without an alarm clock at the same time everyday..hmmm i shoul have written that too on my answer

Hello Sweetie said...

I had a blood test back in NZ and I was 'A plus'-wahoo. To me that's the best. Glad to be who I am but 'A plus' is the best grade you can get back home at school so it made it even sweeter.

K and S said...

I'll check out your answers, Dhanggit :)

Wow, A+, that is great, HS!

Take care you two.
Kat

Thistlemoon said...

Thanks for sharing! I always save tehbest bite for last!

K and S said...

Thanks Jenndz, I used to save the best bite for last and sometimes would be so full I would have to give it away to Satoshi :( Now, I make sure to eat the best bite first.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Type A huh? I fall in the middle, if it's anywhere possible. I'm "A" when it's close to that time of the month. The rest of the days I'm "B". :lol: No worries! Be happy!! (drink wine or beer and kaukau brah!!)

K and S said...

Oh man, Rowena, time of the month, I used to be A+++...lol. Kaukau-ing lots.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for playing along. I never realised that people associated personality types to blood types. I wonder what I am...

K and S said...

It may only be in Japan, Su-lin. :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I still save my favorite item to eat last, but I can see your point of why you'd want to eat it first. Once I was eating out at a restaurant and did this, and the waiter came and took away my plate without asking if I was done yet. I had to watch my last favorite piece of the meal walk away!

And you are so lucky you can wake up the same time each day without an alarm clock. I wish I could do that...well I guess I could if the time I needed to get up was 11:00am! :)

K and S said...

OMG Lori, that is awful! I would have hunted that waiter down!

I think if you go to sleep at the same time every night, you'll be able to wake up the same time in the morning too. :)

Take care.
Kat