Thursday, October 30, 2008

odds & ends

Thank you for your comments on the last post. I was so worried about the cracked dish that I should have been more concerned that no slivers of glass went into the pasta. Luckily, we ate it with no injuries...and I bought a new pyrex dish. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait on the new oven until it actually "dies" (shucks!) Guess I'll have to deal with the wacky element for awhile longer.

Time to clear out some photos...vegetable curry and turmeric rice from SOL...I like the chicken curry better. The vegetable curry seemed watery and the rice had no flavor.

Starbucks has a new food item--mixed nuts with lemon peel. Almonds and hazelnuts mixed with lemon peel. The hazelnuts overpower any lemon flavor. I like the cashew-blueberry one best.

Since the evening have been a bit nippy, I have been trying the Pukka teas...both have a sweetness to it when you sip it...my favorite is the "love" (rose, chamomile and lavender).

Yesterday, my student gave me some edamame and these shiitake...the shiitake on the left was HUGE! (Thank you!)

I bought this dark chocolate with chocolate mousse filling by Rittersport from the gourmet supermarket....very rich and delicious.

When we visited my MIL in the beginning of the month, she had an invitation to a COACH sale at a department store. Since she wasn't interested in going to check out the sale, I went and picked up her free gift for her...two cylinders of incense....she was nice to give me one (Thank you!) It smells really nice and flowery.

With the popularity of Korean soap operas here, Faceshop, a Korean cosmetic company is also quite popular here. Awhile back, I went and picked up their yogurt masks. They look and smell good enough to eat...

Can you believe October is almost over?

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks so much like yogurt *o* I normally don't like coconut but Ritter Sport chocolate made me love it. I should try different types of curry, so far I only ate two types ^^
Enjoy your day tomorrow!!!

Sandra said...

Visitning from Blogger/Blogg of Note! :)

K and S said...

I hope you get to try more curry Jennifer :)

Thanks Sandra!

Take care you two.
Kat

Dots said...

If I may say so ... very, very yummy photos :-)

K and S said...

Thank you Dots!

Take care.
Kat

Explore & Grow said...

Fascinating blog!

Phoebe said...

That is a rather odd shiitake! hahaa looks good though! yogurt masks??? wow is it to exfoliate your skin? So cool!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Lots of great goodies there. I am a face mask junkie--you should see the plastic container under my sink full of them. I especially like the ones that smell yummy!

K and S said...

Thanks Butterscotch.

I guess it is to put back moisture into your skin, Phoebe :)

Thanks Deb, I keep my masks in the refrig, really nice during the summer months :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

scargosun said...

I had no idea shitake mushrooms could be so big!

genkitummy said...

Based on all your blogs, Starbucks in Japan seem to have a lot more snacks and treats than American Starbucks.
That yogurt mask looks yummy! It looks just like yogurt!

K and S said...

I was kind of surprised, Scargosun.

Thanks Genki :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Chocolatesa said...

I tried that kind of Ritter sport recently too! Although I still prefer the Marzipan in dark chocolate :)

K and S said...

Thanks Chocolatesa, I'll see if we have that one here :)

Take care.
Kat

Nindy Hardjadinata said...

i love chocolates !!!
and and strawberry yogurt?? Gosh, where is it ?
I will visit that place if visit Japan. Someday (God, make it come true please!)

K and S said...

Thanks Sararocks, I hope you get to visit Japan one day soon.

The Faceshop is located in most Marui department stores. You can't eat this yogurt, it is for your face.

Take care.
Kat