Wednesday, December 24, 2008

apples

I recently saw Ariela's apple cobbler recipe on her blog and since we still had some apples, I wanted to try it.

Of course, I still don't have a lot of butter around, so I improvised. I sauteed the apples with a pat of butter, a little sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Then I put together the easy scone recipe which I often use and put that on top of the apples to bake. I think if I had had some vanilla ice cream it would have been perfect....it was delicious and a great way to warm up.

With a slice of apple, I also had a little snack, I cut a thin slice of smoked cheddar and ate it with the apple. Growing up, I would often have a slice of cheese and some peanut butter with apple. I didn't put any peanut butter, this version was a little saltier, but still delicious.

9 comments:

Phoebe said...

yummy

Anonymous said...

Scone batter on sweet apples sounds so nice!

K and S said...

Thanks Phoebe, it was :)

I think this version was a little more healthy, Lori :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Phoebe said...

oops...forgot to say, have a Merry Xmas!!!

K and S said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Phoebe :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Delicious-looking and sounding!

Paz

K and S said...

Thank you Paz :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Yum--I love cobbler and apples with cheese too.

K and S said...

I think there are many flavors that we both like, Deb :)

Take care.
Kat