Sunday, May 03, 2009

patisserie liencouple

About 15 minutes walking distance from our place is a tiny cake shop called Patisserie Liencouple which recently opened.

I got the daily special (330 yen about US$3.30), which was an almond cake with praline cream, sandwiched between two dark chocolate slices....not very sweet but very light.

Satoshi chose the strawberry mont blanc (360 yen about US$3.60)...most mont blanc are made from chestnuts and whipped cream, but this version used a strawberry cake, whipped cream, a whole strawberry in the middle and strawberry flavored cream on top.

Satoshi said that this cake was also not too sweet but the strawberry inside was really sweet and delicious.

Besides cakes, the shop also sold cookies, financiers and mini-kougelhof...we'll be back.

Patisserie Liencouple
1-11-10 Asahigaoka
Ikeda, Osaka
Phone: 072.754.3625
Open 10:00-19:00, Closed on Thursdays
*Takeout only
UPDATE: closed as of 2014

8 comments:

HanamiGallery said...

mmmm looks delicious! im not a big fan of cakes i find in stores over here. they are usually too sweet with basically pure sugar on top. hahah so i really like the cakes that are just barely sweet, so these sound right up my alley!!

K and S said...

Thanks Hanami, these do sound like it would be right up your alley :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb said...

all of the sweets you've been posting lately have my mouth watering! Not good for my goal of losing a few lbs so i can gain them back on Maui;-)

K and S said...

I should be doing the same Deb, I'm probably heading home for a bit in late June :)

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

I gained ten pounds by looking at these wonderful pictures!

K and S said...

Gosh Jann, if you gained ten from just looking at them I wonder how many I gained from eating them...

Take care.
Kat

Monique said...

The cakes look quite delicious. Lucky you, to have a great cake shop open up so close to home!

K and S said...

I am glad it takes some time to get to them Monique otherwise I would be there everyday!

Take care.
kat