Sunday, June 28, 2009

la gelateria and other stuff

Just noticed this imprint of Hello Kitty on my MAC lipstick. My friend Gaye gave this to me for Christmas or was it for my birthday? (sorry, I can't remember, sad yeah??) and I only noticed the imprint now...

Changing the subject...I followed one of my readers, Shirley Lou's advice and checked out La Gelateria after lunch on Thursday, since we were in the area. I had the black sesame seed gelato which she recommended (their last one in a cup!)...mmm! creamy and nutty, loved it! (Thanks!)

Mom had pineapple and Dad had the mango, they both enjoyed theirs too (in fact, they finished before I did! must have been good.). At US$2 a cup it was just the right amount. We ate ours on their chairs in front of the store.

The other day we picked out a small watermelon from Times (a local supermarket). The watermelon was grown in Kunia by Sugarland and it was so sweet and delicious!

La Gelateria
819 Cedar Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.591.1133
Open Monday-Friday 8:00-17:00
Closed Saturdays & Sundays

What have you been enjoying this summer?

10 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

Cool lipstick! Have to head to La Gelateria soon. ;o)

K and S said...

Hope you get a chance to check them out Laura, they have some ono flavors :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love the gelato from La Gelateria but I have not had the black sesame seed flavor yet. It looks yummy.

K and S said...

There were so many other flavors I wanted to try, I wished they had scoops instead of individual cups, Deb :) I hope you get to try black sesame seed!

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

oo La Gelateria is one of my favourites back home!! I think they also supply the gelato bar inside Nordstorm...^_^

K and S said...

what is your favorite flavor Kathy?

Take care.
Kat

Shirley the Bridezilla said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. The owner is actually my boss's cousin at the law firm where I work. Once, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs, and we bought the big tub. That was a mistake. :)

K and S said...

Thanks again for the tip Shirley, would have never known they were there if not for you :)

Take care.
Kat

Shirley the Bridezilla said...

Don't mention it. I've definitely had my share of restaurant recommendations from you. :)

K and S said...

aw thanks Shirley that is so nice :)

Take care.
kat