Wednesday, February 03, 2010

setsubun

Today is Setsubun. If you will be eating your ehomaki (the uncut sushi for good luck), the direction to face this year is sei-nan-sei (west south west).

Since Satoshi is in Tokyo for business, I didn't make or buy ehomaki for us.

I did try some kotoman, they had two new flavors especially for Setsubun, kinako (soy bean powder) & kuromame (black bean).

I loved the black bean, but the kinako was a bit too much for me, no other flavor than the soy bean powder mixed with the white bean paste.

I would have loved something else inside like beans or chestnuts and just a little kinako rather than the whole inside being kinako flavored bean paste.

Oh well, Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

Hannah said...

I love kinako, but I've only ever had it as a powdery coating over a treat, not as the focal point of the flavour itself... so I'll probably trust your judgement that this was a bit monotonous! :P

Sara Mari said...

I have never tried ehomaki, I want to sometime in the future.

I am a kinako fiend so I'd probably like that over the top mono-flavor haha^^

jalna said...

Hmmm . . . iiiiinteresting!

tinyskillet said...

Yes, it' looks interesting!

Thistlemoon said...

I have never had this before! Sounds yummy!

K and S said...

Thanks Hannah, Sara, Jalna, Lyndsey & JennDZ :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm...the black bean one looks great!

K and S said...

Yeah, I think I would get that one again, Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I had to reread that post again and you know, I really love that part about throwing soybeans around the house. And eating the bad spirits...your customs there are just too cool.

K and S said...

I think your customs there are cool too Rowena!

Take care.
Kat