Friday, February 19, 2010

sunshine arrives from the chestnut forest

According to Rowena of Rubbah Slippahs in Italy, she has no faith in the Italian postal service. If you read her blog (and you should), you'll know why.

Good postal service is something I take for granted here as the Japanese postal service and home delivery service (similar to UPS/DHL) is pretty high quality, I feel.

For example, if you aren't at home when they deliver something, they will leave you a slip to have it re-delivered and you can specify a date and time that you want them to deliver, like in the morning between 9:00-12:00 or in the afternoon 13:00-15:00 on the 5th. And if you catch them early enough, they will re-deliver that same day.

Anyway, Rowena was super kind in sending us these goodies.

The package was opened on arrival in Japan by customs, but it looked like everything was intact.

I love the friendships made from blogging and though we have never met face to face, Rowena, I know we will one day!

Thank you for brightening our day!

Satoshi and I really appreciate your kindness and can't wait to try all these goodies!

Grazie Mille!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! I think you will have some delicious moments with these goodies. What a sweet thing for her to do.
I do wonder if I will ever meet any of my blog friends.

Lindsay-Jean said...

Fun! Looks like it's a care package kind of week! :)

K and S said...

I hope you meet some of your blog friends soon Momiji :)

Thanks Linny :)

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Wow, score!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks like a package full of fun stuff--enjoy! ;-)

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - I love the title of this post! Yoso-poetic!

Rowena said...

*big gasp*

They LEAVE a slip so you can specify when to have a redelivery??? Me, I have to go down to the post office after a certain hour to get my stuff. If we go early, they won't hand it over.

I'm sure that one day we will meet, and I hope in Japan, 'cause I really, really want to check out all the cool eats that you and TK post about (those sandwichy things in the shape of a fish...I dreamt about those one night!).

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna & Debinhawaii :)

Thanks Kirk, we gotta meet up too in SD :)

Rowena, OMG you had a dream about those? Impressive, I almost never dream about food. When you are ready to climb Mt Fuji, I'll wait for you at the bottom with the taiyaki (sandwichy thing in the shape of a fish) :)

Take care everyone!
Kat