Monday, August 30, 2010

hawaii sights

In Japan most of the cars you see are "newer" due to their laws and higher taxes for older models.

So, I love how many different types of cars you see around Hawaii.

Low-rider types.

Vintage types, like this station wagon.

A 1955 Red Cadillac in an auto body shop parking lot. (I know this because the license plate is a vanity one explaining it is a 1955 Cadillac.)

I think the bright yellow one next to it is something vintage also.

I think this is a Plymouth Valiant.

And a Triumph TR4.

Any interesting vehicles where you live?

4 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

I think I just don't notice all the cars you do ;-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I've ever asked this before: What is your if money were no object dream car?

Mine is a platinum stretch humvee. Just kidding, I think they're hideous eyesores. My dream car would be one of those old school Jaguars like this cute one at the Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_Mark_2

Rowena said...

I notice the really cool cars when they are passing by and I can't snap a pic. The other day we saw a vintage Topolino convertible....so cute!

K and S said...

It's okay Debinhawaii :) I've never been so into cars before.

Probably a Porsche Carrera or something like that Anon, I like your dream car, very elegant!

Ooh Rowena, a topolino sounds cute too!

Take care everyone.
Kat