Saturday, August 14, 2010

odds & ends

Some random shots...saw this cool Harley parked in front of Waiola Shave Ice, the biker guy looked kinda scary, though I thought it was neat that he stopped in for some shave ice.

Who knew that Nutella came in little to-go packets?! I sure didn't and found these at Price Busters.

This has got to be the most scary form of transportation yet. I think it is a moped engine but seats two. I think people who rent this should wear helmets (at least!).

If you look carefully at the back of the vehicle there is a Christian verse, I am not too familiar with these verses hopefully it is praying for their safety!

Saw this sticker while waiting at a traffic light. "Aloha Served Daily", made me smile.

And how cool is this Mini? Decorated for Crazy Shirts.

This new Thunderbird has a retro feel to it and was so shiny that it stood out in the open parking lot at Ala Moana Shopping Center, so I followed it and luckily the lady driving it went shopping on the other side of the mall and parked there, so I could take its picture.

It is Friday here, hope you have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, as far as I can remember Nutella has always come in small little packs as such. In fact, when I was living in Thailand (Phuket) back in 2001, small packs are more readily available than regular jars. Hence I was a little suprised that where you lived (Japan & Hawaii) did not have them till recently.

Well ... we learn something new everyday :)

Thanks for your great blog and the little stories that you share almost daily. Have a great day!

K and S said...

So true about learning something new everyday Anon!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

OMG Kat, those little two-seater vehicles make me so nervous when I see them on the road.

Jude said...

So funny about the Nutella packets! I didn't know about them either, until a few years ago, when I saw them in a furniture/housewares shop (it wasn't far from the cushion section, of all places!) I love all your photo-stories here :)

gtrine said...

i love the moped! maybe we can rent one one our vacation! =)

K and S said...

I know Jalna, my mom and I saw one in Pearl City and we were scared for them!

Weird that they had them near the cushions Jude!

Just be careful Gtrine, wouldn't want you getting hurt while you are here!

Take care everyone.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Those little things drive me crazy! I saw two of them almost get taken out by a large Suburban when they zipping around the Hawaii Kai Safeway lot the other day. I am sure the guy couldn't see them at all!

Liking the Nutella packs--I have not seen them before either. ;-)

K and S said...

Debinhawaii,
My mom thinks that if someone just taps them they will FLY, I wouldn't doubt it. Nutella packs are really cool, yeah??

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

cute odds and ends posts. love the to-go nutella packets. i know someone who'd love it. ;-)

paz

K and S said...

I should definitely pick up some the next time I'm in that store Paz :)

Take care.
Kat