Sunday, December 05, 2010

tokumasa

I should talk about the bad weather more often...because the next day will almost always be sunny (knock on wood).

Yesterday, Satoshi and I went to Umeda before his German class and had lunch at Tokumasa, which I've written about here.

Satoshi ordered the menchi katsu curry teishoku...all teishoku (set meals) here come with a bowl of rice with egg on top called tamago gohan.

As I've written previously, in Kansai (Western Japan), most noodles come with a bowl of rice.

I wasn't feeling like noodles, so I ordered their curry cheese donburi (bowl).

This was a large bowl filled with their spicy curry, cheese and green onions over rice.

Like before, this curry starts out sweet then the spices kick in.

At the end, be sure to cleanse your palate with some sweet takuan (pickled radish).

Curry was a great way to warm up on a nippy yet sunny day.

Have a great week.

9 comments:

Patzie said...

The thought of eating raw egg in Thailand is just strange for me but somehow eating that in Japan is really pleasant. Somehow the egg in Japan tastes nicer :)

Dennis K. said...

Wow fantastic looking meals!

K and S said...

I agree with you Patzie, it is unthinkable for me too.

Thanks Dennis :) the curry is really delicious here!

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

Many, many, many years ago while I was in Japan I was treated to a meal where you dip your just cooked meat into raw egg before eating it. Only out of courtesy was I forced to try it. It was sooooo good!

K and S said...

I think you are thinking of sukiyaki Jalna, they always serve it with a raw egg and you have to dip everything in it before eating. :0

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Liking the look of the cheese curry bow--perfect for a cold day. ;-)

K and S said...

definitely perfect for a cold day Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Hmmm..maybe I'm not harping on the yukky weather enough? This weekend was gorgeous on Saturday, okay on Sunday, but here we are back to square one on Monday. More snow. It may eventually turn to rain but then the roads will be even more dangerous (and dirty) to go for a walk!

K and S said...

I think the trick is not to talk about the sun, and talk about the junk weather Rowena. Will secretly hope you guys will have some more sunny days.

Take care.
Kat