Tuesday, June 21, 2011

summer teas

About this time every year I get a postcard in the mail from Mariage Frères. The card is sent out to announce their line of summer teas.

Apparently, this year their new summer tea is called Babylonia, a green tea with red fruit, citrus and cornflower.

You need to buy something in order to receive the new summer tea, so I purchased another summer tea called Thé sur le nil. This is also green tea based with some citrus too.

Both are very refreshing.

To make iced tea, I usually do a cold water brewing method, just add some tea to some water and leave overnight in the fridge to steep (about 1 scoop of tea for 1 cup of water).

Then the next day, I just filter out the used tea and drink straight away...so good.

Over the past couple of days, the weather has been very rainy so I haven't been craving too many iced drinks, though the humidity is supposed to kick in over the next couple of days so these iced teas will be perfect.

11 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I should try your method for making iced tea...I drink hot tea all year round, but give it a second thought when I start perspiring after a couple sips! Thanks for the inspiration~

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Does it start to rain yet? It's mid June so I assume it's rainy season. The tea looks delicious with citrus taste!

jalna said...

Green tea wit citrus! Interesting!

Rowena said...

Rain, rain go away. Keep that a/c blowing!

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

Hoping the weather in Seattle warms up so we can make some iced teas, too! Those sound yummy.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Both of these sound delicious. ;-)

K and S said...

I hope you like this method Lizzy, you don't have to add ice (if you don't want to) when you drink it, but I agree, it saves on perspiration :)

Rainy rainy rainy & humid! Nami :p

Amazingly delicious Jalna :)

Will do Rowena :)

Yeah hope the weather warms up for you too Abigail!

Thanks Deb in Hawaii :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

K said...

These teas sound v. interesting! I love finding about new tea combinations.

Japan Australia said...

I used to love drinking iced-cold Mugicha at my school during the long hot summer in Japan.

Japan Australia

KirkK said...

Nothing like a nice iced tea on a hot day..... I think I'll have one right now. Thanks for the reminder Kat! I hope you get some perfect iced tea weather soon... not too hot though!

K and S said...

I like hearing about or trying different combos too K!

Mugicha is so good during summer, J-A!

Gosh it is humid and nasty today Kirk, I think I need to bathe in iced tea :p

Take care everyone!
Kat