Monday, October 10, 2011

delicius

Saturday, the weather was clear and sunny.

We headed out to Onohara, which is on the other side of our city from where we live.

I had heard that new subdivisions had been recently built, and wanted to see what the area looked like since we had visited this area, mostly pre-blog, though I did find a post here, and there wasn't much too see back then.

The new subdivisions are beautiful, with wide sidewalks, so wide you could actually fit a car or two side by side!

Not only that but they have many many more eateries than when we visited way back when.

One place I was interested in checking out was Delicius, we visited them pre-blog and at the time, their cafe space was situated in the parking lot.

Now, they have moved across the street from that shop, in their own building, with 5 tables inside and 2 outside.

I tried the cassis cake and loved the sweet hazelnut chocolate filling which balanced out the tart cassis mousse.

Satoshi tried their pumpkin cake which was a very airy but flavorful cake.

I loved the plating too, with all sorts of fruits...both of our cakes with coffees...1700 yen total (about US$17).

I'm glad we checked out this area and it was a great start to our 3-day weekend.

Delicius
6-14-22 Onohara-nishi
Minoo, Osaka
Phone: 072.729-1222
Closed every Tuesday & the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month

11 comments:

Kathy YL Chan said...

The cakes are so pretty - love all the work that went into the presentation. I really do believe we eat with our eyes ^_^

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - That is one beautiful piece of cake!

Japan Australia said...

Yeah, looks really good and a decent serve as well :)

Japan Australia

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love the plating too--so beautiful with all of the fruit. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Kathy! I think we do eat with our eyes :)

Thanks Kirk :)

Thanks J-A! it surely was.

It was good especially with all these different fruits Deb!

Take care everyone.
Kat

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Your cassis cake looks fabulous...they really do a beautiful job with the plating~

K and S said...

Thanks Lizzy, I agree :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

If I didn't know any better I'd say that you were still in France. Such beautiful desserts ad Delicius.

K and S said...

I wish we had had more time to explore cafes in France Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

What a pretty plate of sweets!

K and S said...

Japan does do a nice job of plating K :)

Take care.
Kat