Sunday, January 15, 2012

yuzu white

On the website of Minoh Beer, they had a seasonal beer made with local yuzu (citron).

A couple of months ago, I had asked a local liquor shop, if they were selling this beer and at that time, the owner said, "nope the season is over"...boo!

To my surprise though, I found it at Yamaya...woot!

At first, I was kinda leery about trying this beer because the list of ingredients is malt, hops, yuzu peel and coriander.

But when I tasted it, I liked it. Refreshing and because they use real yuzu the flavor isn't fake.

I only wish that this beer wasn't seasonal because it would be nice during the summer, matching with a salad or something light, like a fish dish.

Still, I'm glad I got to try it.

10 comments:

Japan Australia said...

I was going to say that with Yuzu in it, would be a great summer beer and very refreshing :)

Japan Australia

obachan said...

Oh, I really, really want to try this beer (and keep the bottle cap).
:D

K said...

I like the monkey label, haha!

K and S said...

I really think it would J-A!

Obachan, I hope you can try this :)

Cute, yeah, K!

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

The mention of coriander in that list sounded odd too but with a monkey on a bottle...how could anyone resist?

K and S said...

I was reading up on Belgian white beer Rowena, and they use citrus peels and spices :)

Take care.
Kat

Barbara said...

I would like this. I often put lime in my beer.

K and S said...

you may like this then Barbara :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

What an interesting flavor combination! ;-)

K and S said...

interesting indeed, but good Deb :)

Take care.
Kat