Tuesday, September 04, 2012

hawaii revisits

Since my cousin P and her family were visiting, we picked up plate lunches from Queen Street Cafe & Grill for lunch the other day.

This time around, I tried their guava smoked pork & onions. Think pipikaula (smoked meat) sauteed with a slightly sweet-salty sauce (kinda like char siu sauce minus the food coloring) and onions.

This was good, the meat was tender with lots of flavor though their brown rice was a bit too soft for my liking.

By the time this posts, cousin P's vacation will be over, but I hope my cousin and her family enjoyed lunch as much as we enjoyed spending time with them!

See you next year P & family!

8 comments:

Dennis K. said...

Dang, that description sounds good!

K and S said...

add another place to your list, Dennis :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

This gives me the idea to start brushing up on smoking stuff with the Weber. Hopefully if this weather turns around and warms up! We've been waking up to 16°C temps and they only go up to about 22°. Makes me sad :(

K and S said...

wondering if you can smoke stuff indoors, Rowena?! I thought I saw something online where you do it stovetop.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Now this place is must visit for us.

K and S said...

hope it doesn't disappoint, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Looks great! Too bad about the soft rice, I hate when that happens with brown rice especially!

K and S said...

I know my grandma likes this kind of rice soft, K, but this was way too soft!

Take care.
Kat