Monday, October 15, 2012

dorie's carrot salad

Reader Akiko suggested I try Dorie Greenspan's carrot salad, so I did.

Carrot Salad with Walnuts and Raisins from Dorie Greenspan
Serves 6 – 8 as part of a buffet

Dressing
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 tsp. kosher salt, more to taste
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, more to taste

Salad
1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into very thin strips
2/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
2/3 cup golden raisins
finely chopped parsley or chives (optional garnish)

Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.

Add carrots, walnuts and raisins to a medium serving bowl. Toss with dressing. Garnish with parsley or chives, if using.


NOTES:I didn't have raisins, so I used dried cherries.

Still, I loved it. Thanks Akiko!

2 comments:

Rowena said...

Carrots are such versatile veggies. I make something along the lines of a grated carrot (raw) flavored with lemon juice, sugar (or honey) and spices. It goes great in pita bread with falafel, salad greens, mint and yogurt!

K and S said...

That sounds great Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat