Saturday, December 15, 2012

"gingerbread men"

Major failure the other day...I was trying to make gingerbread men, but they poofed.

I know part of the problem has to be my cutting the recipe down, but they also didn't have enough spice.

They tasted more like sugar cookies.

At least they were a little chewy.

My friends on Facebook had lots to say to cheer me up. (Thanks guys!)

Anyway, I had this with some homemade chocolate ice cream.

My intention when I made this ice cream was to add some chocolate covered pop rocks, but what I bought, which was supposed to pop, didn't, it was more like chocolate covered cereal. (boo!)

The next day, I made ice cream sandwiches with these...

9 comments:

jalna said...

Your gingerbread man makes me smile.

Rona Y said...

You didn't want to make gingerbread men, you wanted to make Things! And they're perfect!!

(You know, Thing, the character from Fantastic Four comics? http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thing.htm for reference :-) )

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :)

lol, thanks Rona!

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Love your gingerbread men Kat! It does kind of look like the Thing..... ;o)

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Haha! I love what Rona said as that's what popped into my mind...they DO look like the Thing!

I am supposed to do gingerbread guys this week but the allspice part is a pain. We don't get ground allspice here - they come whole and are called jamaican spice berries. So I gotta do some grinding today.

K and S said...

Rowena, can you believe I actually did a couple of hearts, stars and then people?! realized the hearts and stars were a p.i.t.a. and then did rounds...good luck with your spice grinding!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Haha, I think they are still cute!!

K and S said...

Thanks K :)

Take care.
Kat