Tuesday, January 22, 2013

el zocalo.burrito

Last Tuesday, I had an appointment and had to go to the west side of Osaka. I had wanted to eat lunch at a cafe I had read about, but they were closed.

Luckily, El Zocalo.Burrito was open.

I ordered the chili beans fries. This was similar to the nachos we tried previously, except this time around it was spicy. They even placed a bottle of hot sauce on the table when the served it, just in case I wanted to spice it up even more.

(Most times, shops do not offer extra spices or even salt, yup, they are THAT confident of their cooking...)

Anyway, it was filling and perfect for the slight hail we had that day.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

I really think you need to come and visit Kat. You can have carne asada fries until you explode here!

K and S said...

I really think so too, Kirk, hope we can meet up with you and the Missus one day soon :)

Take care.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I don't think I had nachos or burritos in Japan! I hope to discover more good Western food places this summer. :)

Rowena said...

I wonder if at those places (that don't offer extra seasonings) would be offended if you DID ask for the s&p shaker.

K said...

Ooh, looks great for a chilly day! What were all of the toppings?

K and S said...

they are quite limited Nami, hope you find more places :)

never tried, Rowena, maybe we'll try one day :)

tomato, minced chicken, onion, black beans, cheese & cilantro, K!

Take care everyone!
Kat