Saturday, June 01, 2013

unreal

Recently found these candies by Unreal, called Unjunked, at Target.

They boast using no corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oil, no artificial ingredients, no GMO nor preservatives.

I liked the peanut butter cups, the chocolate seemed to be on the darker side.

And I appreciated the peanut butter filling, not like the one I tried the last time I was home.

The chocolate caramel nougat bar was delicious as well.

Similar to a Milky Way bar in taste, it had a lower sugar amount.

The chocolate candy shells were like M & Ms but the colors muted.

I like that they used beetroot juice, turmeric & purple cabbage to color these candies.

They were a bit sweet to me even though they have a lower sugar amount than the M & Ms.

The candies overall are a little smaller than the more "famous" ones, but for a lesser amount of sugar, I think it is a good thing.

I'd definitely buy these again.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Interesting tidbit about the natural ingredients used to color the candies. Sweet score!

K and S said...

funky colors but nice that they don't use anything artificial, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I've tried the PB cups before and liked them- good to know about the other products in the line!

K and S said...

I hope you get to try the others, K!

Take care.
Kat