Friday, July 12, 2013

shige's saimin stand

Had been wanting to check out Shige's Saimin Stand for some time now, but didn't have any reason to go out to Wahiawa to do so...until the other day.

My friend Len had business out there and it was the perfect chance to meet up for lunch there.

Len had their small won ton min. He thought it might not be enough, but it was perfect he said.

Since the weather was a scorcher for all things soupy, I had their fried saimin and BBQ beef stick instead.

I liked the sweet-salty flavor, their noodles are apparently homemade which is why they are a bit flatter and thicker than the saimin noodles at most other places and they had a nice chew to them too.

Their beef stick was a bit "gamey" tasting, but I appreciated it being tender enough to slide off with chopsticks.

It was a good chance to catch-up on things. Thanks for lunch Len!

I'll definitely be back whenever I'm in this area.

Shige's Saimin Stand
70 Kukui Street
Wahiawai, Hawaii
Phone: 808.621.3621
Open Monday-Thursday 10:00-22:00, Friday & Saturday 10:00-24:00

3 comments:

KirkK said...

Gamey teri beef stick.....that sounds kind of weird Kat. Hope you survived.

K and S said...

I'm fine Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

except for the beef stick it was good, K :)

Take care.
Kat