Saturday, November 23, 2013

foodie tuesday in kobe

I got a chance to meet up with my host brother's wife for lunch the other week.

We went to Ha Long Son, a Vietnamese restaurant she'd been interested in trying.

I went with the Pho Ga, the cilantro that came with this was kinda sparse, though they had lots of lettuce and bean sprouts on it.

I liked the broth...1000 yen.

This came with a side dish. I chose their Cha Gio (fried spring roll).

We both agreed that there were better Vietnamese places out there.

After lunch we walked a bit and stopped in to Mont Plus for something sweet.

It had been about 5 years since I been to this shop.

I chose the La Plus, a chocolate cake, layered with dark chocolate mousse, milk chocolate mousse & pistachio mousse. On top of this was a streusel cookie topping.

This was perfect with some black coffee.

After talking we walked up to Kobe Grocers and Kobe Halal Foods, where I bought some spices.

Lunch wasn't so great but the company and conversation was.

Thanks for a great day, Kazumi!

Ha Long Son
2-2-8 Motomachi-dori
Chuo, Kobe
Phone: 078.331.0477
Closed Tuesdays

Mont Plus
3-1-17 Kaigan-dori
Chuo, Kobe
Phone: 078.721.1048
Closed Tuesdays

5 comments:

Rowena said...

Made a kind of thai-inspired chow fun noodle dish last night and loaded it with cilantro, garlic and hot pepper. Hope you'll get to check out other vietnamese places.

KirkK said...

That really doesn;t look too good Kat. And at that price....

K and S said...

ooh your dish sounds lovely Rowena!

I know Kirk, I know...

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

That cake looks delicious and so pretty with all the layers!

K and S said...

it was really nice K!

Take care.
Kat