Friday, November 15, 2013

giving thanks

Around the web I've been seeing bloggers giving thanks for different things as they lead up to Thanksgiving.

Well, I wanted to do something a little similar, so let's back up a bit...

A couple of days after coming back to Japan, my brother emailed that the care giving company that was taking care of my Dad suddenly decided to pull out and referred us to another company.

To tell you the truth, I felt hurt because the day I left to go back to Japan, the coordinator came to visit my Dad and made no mention that they were thinking of pulling out.

Since "we" only had about two weeks to find some other kind of care, I asked around my network of friends. Many gave very helpful information which I passed on to my brother. (Thank you!)

My brother also asked his network of friends, as well as family, who helped him look into different options.

After checking into various options, my brother decided that the best would be to look for a facility to care for my Dad.

Apparently my Dad wasn't too thrilled with this decision and how could you blame him?

Unfortunately his Parkinsons seems to have advanced so more full-time care was definitely needed.

So after many email exchanges...my brother emailed the other day to say that my Dad moved into his new "home".

I hope he'll adjust nicely.

Being so far away from everything has been a bit nerve wracking for sure, but I appreciate everyone who helped in this process.

I'm also thankful for the internet, its help keep me in the loop.

"Thank you!"

It's Friday here, I hope you'll have a great weekend.

7 comments:

Lindsay-Jean said...

That has to be a tough transition for a parent. Thinking of you and your family.

Rowena said...

For your peace of mind I hope things will work out for your dad at the new place. My mil was able to go back to her home just this past Sunday, but under the condition that she agreed to having a live-in companion in the house. Let me tell you, in the beginning she was SO against the idea and the boys had to argue their point, but I think she finally realized that it was the only way she could get out of the nursing home (which she also hated), even if I still don't think she realizes that in her mental state, she really does need someone to care for her.

We are holding our breaths, because each week there is always some sort of drama goig on.

OhayoBento said...

I am so impressed that you are able to see the positive and be thankful in that situation. It's tough when a parent is having health problems. I'm so glad that he is being taken care of. Hugs for you!

K and S said...

Thank you LJ!

I hope everything works out for your MIL Rowena!

Thank you Heather :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

jalna said...

Hope all goes well with your dad and his new "home".

K and S said...

me too Jalna, Thank you!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I hope everything works out well Kat.