Wednesday, February 19, 2014

apsara cafe

After a weekend of junky weather (snow, rain & clouds), Monday was sunny, so I went walking.

I took the long way to Toyonaka and had lunch at Apsara Cafe.

Their lunch menu is made from local veggies.

I ordered their tomato curry...950 yen.

I think the pumpkin slices were slightly fried in coconut oil, you could taste a little coconut when you ate them.

Coconut oil is slowly becoming popular over here...

You can also choose between brown rice or 8-grain rice. I chose their 8-grain rice.

There was also a salad, some kinpira and a veggie stir-fry.

I really like their chopstick rests too, cute!

I'll be back.

Apsara Cafe (UPDATE:2018 no longer in business at this location)
6-1-3 Honmachi, 195 Street Building 1F
Toyonaka, Osaka
Phone: 06.6854.5188
Lunch: 11:00-16:00
Dinner: 16:00-21:00
Closed Wednesdays

8 comments:

KirkK said...

Funny you'd mention coconut oil. The Missus likes to fry eggs and sausage in them. It's a bit too much for me, but she loves it. Though I like a bit of coconut oil in mashed purple potatoes.

Rowena said...

I wouldn't mind some sun either as we've had junky weather since the 9th of this month! All I've been doing is watching a lot of movies.

We love the coconut peanut butter so I'm gonna check if our health food store carries coconut oil.

K and S said...

you can totally taste it Kirk, so I usually watch what I use it for.

glad you like the PB Rowena, was hoping it wasn't too sweet for your tastebuds.

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

I heard them mention snow and rain at the Olympics, and being new to experiencing snow, I'm curious. Can it rain and snow at the same time? Does the ground get slushy? Maybe like shave ice when it's melted?

K and S said...

I think sleet is rain-snow Jalna. In Japanese they have kinda specific descriptions for the different types of snow, hail :). I think the ground gets slushy when snow has fallen and the the temp goes up a bit to start melting it.

Take care, hope this helps!
Kat

jalna said...

Ahhhhh . . . thanks!

K said...

What a cute chopstick rest, I love it!

K and S said...

very welcome Jalna :)

Thanks K :)

Take care you two.
Kat