Saturday, April 12, 2014

botani curry

I recently tried Botani Curry.

It is a teeny shop and they are only open for lunch.

I went with their Botani Curry, a chicken based curry with 3 types of keema...900 yen (with tax).

You can have them adjust the spiciness but I left it as is.

You can also add toppings, but I didn't.

The curry comes with lots of different pickles. Which was nice.

There was chicken, minced beef/pork and I think tuna for the different types of keemas.

It was a nice spiciness, not "burn your mouth off". There was just enough rice to finish the dish too.

I was mesmerized by the regulars who would come in and rattle off different orders in some kind of code.

I was also surprised at the amount of men that were eating here compared to women.

They also have a shrimp curry (coconut milk based) and a chicken curry (also coconut milk based).

I think the next time I come here, I'll try a different curry and some of the add-on toppings.

I'll be back.

Botani Curry
4-5-3 Kawaramachi
Chuo-ku, Osaka
Phone: none
Closed Sundays
Hours: 11:00-16:00

7 comments:

Chad said...

That curry looks great! I shall have to try it the next time I am in the area. I normally stay in Namba, so Honmachi is very close!

K and S said...

hope you like it Chad :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That looks really good Kat.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

Interesting about the different pickles being served with this. They also plate up kind of fancy too!

K said...

Ooh, looks great!

K and S said...

the ceramic dish they served this in was pretty too Rowena!

Thanks K :)

Take care you two.
Kat