Sunday, April 20, 2014

flowers for easter

It's Easter today. While we don't celebrate this, I wanted to share with you some flowers that I've seen on walks...Shibazakura (phlox). This is great for landscaping.

Tokiwa Mansaku (Loropetalum Chinense). This one grow really tall but when I saw it they had cut it to hedge size...pretty!

Kikumomo (Amygdalus Persica)...This particular tree was just filled with blossoms, so bright!

Nanohana (Rapeseed)

I found these alongside the Minoo River...really brightened up the area.

Not sure what type of flower this one is.

But I like how it droops down with lots of flowers on the stem.

Yaezakura, a type of sakura (cherry blossom).

This double cherry blossom blooms after the Someiyoshi, the main type of cherry blossom, love the pom-poms.

And lastly, some freesia from our lanai.

I think this year we've had more freesia than in the past.

I hope you all have a great week ahead!

5 comments:

Cycling Walking Eating Talking said...

Hi Kat.

It's a great season for getting out and enjoying the flowers, isn't it.

The kikumomo and sakura are spectacular this year.

We have wisteria already blooming in the neighborhood. Have you seen any in yours?

TK

KirkK said...

Taking time out to smell the flowers Kat! Lovely photos.

K and S said...

lucky you TK, I haven't seen any around here yet.

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care you two!
Kat

Rowena said...

Well here I go again looking up what you are looking at because I just cannot stop at adding more stuff to the front yard. A hedge type shrub is what we need to add more privacy between us and the next door neighbor!

K and S said...

hope you find something that will be able to survive your climates, Rowena!

Take care.
Kat