Friday, April 11, 2014

roca's cabbage apple & sesame salad

I recently came across Roca's recipes books...this is the same cafe I went to, that recently closed its doors.

The recipes are quite easy and I like that they use a lot of veggies.

I tried the cabbage, apple & sesame salad recipe.

Roca's cabbage apple & sesame salad: from "Roca no Teishoku" serves 2

1 leaf cabbage (60 grams)
1 bell pepper (30 grams)
1/8 red onion (25 grams)
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 apple (60 grams)

1.5 tablespoons ground sesame seeds
1 tablespoon vinegar
pepper

Julienne the cabbage, bell pepper
Thinly slice the red onion
Add the 1/2 teaspoon of salt, mix everything with your hands and set aside
Slice the apple, thinly but not too thin
Squeeze out any water from the cabbage mixture
Mix with the apple and add the last 3 ingredients
Mix well.
Chill before eating.

NOTES: super refreshing! it's crunchy, a little puckery. Sweet from the apple and a little bite from the red onion.

Our bell peppers are really teeny, so that is why 30 grams is the size for the 1 bell pepper. I used a red bell pepper and also ground black sesame seeds.

I've already made this twice (once with ground black sesame seed and the other with ground brown sesame seeds) and Satoshi really likes this salad.

Another type of cole slaw...I am gonna make this often this summer!

p.s. made it to the end of the week, hope you have a nice weekend!


7 comments:

KirkK said...

That looks really good Kat!

K and S said...

I hope you make this for the Missus, Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Yummmm. Really does sound refreshing!

Rowena said...

I was thinking of making a huge, put-all-kine-stuff-in-it salad for tonight's dinner, and you've given me another idea that I will incorporate into it. Love the sesame seeds, cabbage and apples!

K and S said...

I hope you like this if you try it Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

glad I've given you some ideas, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Thanks K!

Take care.
Kat