Tuesday, July 01, 2014

pagong x hello kitty

Over the past 8 years or so, I have enjoyed wearing Pagong's tops.

Recently they came out with a new print, in collaboration with Hello Kitty's 40th Anniversary.

Before moving to Japan I wasn't too much of a Hello Kitty fan, but once here, I found that she was everywhere and couldn't help but fall in love with her.

Anyway, the scenery is called Horai-zu which is based on a Chinese myth about Mount Penglai, you can read more about it here. It is supposed to be a magical world.

Unfortunately, the Japanese version of the myth is not "happy".

Still, Hello Kitty is scattered throughout this print and according to the description card that came with my top, it says that "happy things" may come to you as you look for Hello Kitty.

It is the beginning of July, with all the crazy weather going on here in Japan and around the world, I hope your summer is going well.

4 comments:

K said...

Too cute!

jalna said...

So cute! Until I saw the close up I was wondering how the print was Hello Kitty related. LOL.

Rowena said...

I learned a new word after following the link...quintillions! As in, I have quintillions of stuff to do so don't bother me. Haha! Anyways, the japanese version is silly because of its Victorian influences by Hearn, which, by the way, I thought was spanish (Lafcadio?) until I read that he was from irish-greek ancestry. What is a dude like that messing around with japanese mythology?

K and S said...

indeed K :)

lol Jalna :)

crazy yeah, Rowena :)

Take care everyone!
Kat