Monday, August 25, 2014

funny

I am amazed at how time oriented my "niece" is.

She's been on a diet since I last saw her, so she's lighter but seems to be hungrier...

She wasn't too verbal last year, but, has gotten very verbal since.

Everyday when my brother's alarm goes off, she knows that it is breakfast time, so she comes to wake all of us up by meowing loudly.

Then every afternoon at about 4-ish, she and I have this convo...

Malia: "Aunty I'm hungry"
Me: "but it's too early to eat, wait until 6"
Malia: "No, feed me now"
Me: "No"
Malia: "Please?!"
Me: "No, it's too early"
Malia: "C'mon..." (then she brushes up against me)
Me: "No" (then I ignore her)

At about 6, when I eat, I feed her...then when my brother comes home, she meows loudly thinking she'll be fed again.

It's funny because the only way to get her to look straight at the camera is when she is in "feed me" mode.

Cute, yeah?!

9 comments:

Rona Y said...

I think your niece and my cat are dopplegangers! (my cat was pure white). She did the exact same things regarding food, and it took her a long time to lose 5 pounds (she ballooned to 15 pounds from 10, and then it took us 2 years to get her to 12, then another several years to get her back to 10).

Cats, they are special!

Rowena said...

Your niece is too funny! Sometimes the Mistah barks if I miss the appointed 10am snack. Maddie could care less.

KirkK said...

Very cute...... she's got you trained!

jalna said...

Ahahaha . . . so cute!

K and S said...

actually like dogs more Rona, but love my niece even if she only likes me when it is feeding time...lol

Maddie, too cute, Rowena :)

she definitely does Kirk :)

indeed Jalna :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

K said...

Haha too funny!

K and S said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this K :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Yep, nothing gets in the way of food with Max too. ;-) She's a cutie.

K and S said...

Thanks Deb, I'll tell her :)

Take care!
Kat