Monday, October 06, 2014

vegetable "lasagna"

Over the past couple of days, the weather has been wavering between cool and ugly humid.

Sometimes during the daytime, it can sometimes be blazing hot...

Today we have a typhoon passing over us...

The other day, when it was blazing, I wanted to eat lasagna.

I am not sure where I saw this done, but instead of using lasagna noodles they used thinly sliced zucchini.

I oiled two ramekins and put some zucchini slices at the bottom, then I ladled a little homemade marinara.

Next layer was some maitake (hen of woods) and then some mozzarella.

I repeated this several times with my last layer being the mozz.

I baked this in a 180C (350F) oven for 15 minutes with a foil on and then another 10 with the foil off.

Even if it was a really warm day, this really hit the spot!

Have a nice week.

6 comments:

jalna said...

I like that idea . . . zucchini instead of noodles! Looks great!

Rowena said...

Crazy weather! Overheard some people today saying that winter this year will be brutal, but no matter what, lasagne always hits the spot.

K said...

Looks great, and much faster than a regular lasagna!

K and S said...

I hope you enjoy this if you try it Jalna :)

That would not surprise me Rowena, though I worry about you guys up there on the mountain!

indeed K!

Take care everyone:)
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Glad you didn't get blown on too badly Kat. Your lasagna looks yummy. I love using zucchini for lasagna or pasta and I sometimes layer it in with the pasta noodles--alternating to cut down on the carbs / calories. ;-)

K and S said...

ooh that sounds good also Deb, will have to remember that!

Take care!
Kat