Tuesday, December 09, 2014

anpo-gaki

I had been curious seeing these anpo-gaki in the markets.

They are semi-dried persimmons. I hadn't bought them before because they tend to be kinda pricey. The kaki pictured above is 125 grams...pretty huge if you ask me.

Cutting into it is like cutting a dried apricot but there is lots of "gel". I found a great detailed article about kaki, in general, here, if you are interested.

Satoshi and I shared the anpo-gaki, I had mine with oatmeal and some pumpkin seeds.

The kaki was so sweet! like eating a jam.

I can't believe we've been missing out on this delicacy...now we know.

3 comments:

K said...

Looks great the way you prepared it!

KirkK said...

This sounds like something the Missus would like Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks K!

I am pretty sure the Missus would love this Kirk!

Take care you two!
Kat