Wednesday, January 28, 2015

e.a.t.

Recently the fruit/vegetable stand I go to had beautiful avocados from Mexico. Usually at the big supermarkets we pay 100 yen or so for a teeny orb, but this time the fruit/veggie stand was selling 2 for 250 yen and they were at least 2 times bigger!

I got this idea from Rachel's blog, La Fuji Mama.

Take a piece of bread and toast it.

Mash up an avocado with some lemon juice.

Top it with an egg cooked to your liking.

Breakfast, lunch or dinner is served.

NOTES: so simple but so delicious! I mashed my avocado with some lemon juice and a little balsamic vinaigrette. I also added a little ground black pepper. I topped my toast with an over-easy egg. And the bread I used was a walnut raisin. I have to admit I added a little too much lemon juice, so it was puckery, but for breakfast, it really woke me up!

What have you been eating?

7 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Yum! Avocado goes with egg really well :)

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow looks good, I am not an avocado fan, but I would try it.

KirkK said...

We're lucky we can get decent priced avocado all year long here.

jalna said...

Whaaa? So interesting. I never knew that avocado + egg = ono.

Deb in Hawaii said...

This looks yummy Kat. Avocado toast is one of my very favorite breakfasts. ;-)

K said...

Looks delicious! I love avocado toast too!

K and S said...

different but good, Sheri :)

I hope you give it a try, Mich :)

you are lucky, Kirk!

indeed Jalna :)

nice Deb!

K, so good yeah?!

Take care everyone!
Kat