Wednesday, August 19, 2015

the counter & hawaii's favorite kitchens

Saturday, I went out to lunch with BFF and another friend, S.

Wen treated us to lunch at The Counter. It had been almost 6 years since I'd been back.

I had their B.L.A.T. and sweet potato fries. Bacon is so good in the U.S.! (Thank you!)

After walking around a bit, we went to Hawaii's Favorite Kitchens which is next door to Rainbow Drive-In.

Can you imagine all sorts of island favorites in one shop? You can get KC Drive-inn, Poke Stop, Hoku's BBQ Chicken, Shimazu Shave Ice and some Rainbow Drive-In items.

Wen and I were there for KC Drive-Inn's Ono Shake...Strawberry, Chocolate, Coffee or Vanilla shakes mixed with peanut butter.

I chose Chocolate while W chose Vanilla...thick and rich.

S chose Shimazu's Shave Ice.

Can you believe this is a small?!

They have a wide selection of syrups and you can choose up to three.

Steph chose strawberry, li hing and coconut (I think that is what she said)...

It's been quite hot and muggy lately, so these cold items hit the spot.

Another great foodie day!

Hawaii's Favorite Kitchens
3111 Castle Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.744.0465
Hours: 10:00-19:00 everyday

4 comments:

jalna said...

Shimazu Shave Ice!!!!!

K and S said...

I want to go back to try the shave ice, Jalna:

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Mmm, shakes are so good, this one sounds delicious!

K and S said...

two ingredients I love peanut butter & chocolate, K!

Take care:)
Kat