Saturday, October 24, 2015

using up some leftovers

The other night for dinner, I wanted to use up the leftover chicken I had made.

I also had some cheese that I wanted to use up too, so I thought baking it with some veggies and a little pasta would be a good way.

I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't want to grease any pans to bake everything in, so I decided to make individual origami boxes out of parchment paper.

If you'd like to try, take a 20 cm (7.8 inches) x 30 cm (11 inches) piece of parchment and follow these directions here.

I sautéed some spinach, red bell pepper, onion and maitake in some olive oil.

I also made a béchamel sauce using this recipe and used soy milk in place of the milk.

The cheese didn't brown up as I had envisioned, but it was a delicious way to use up some leftovers and clean-up was a snap.

If you do use the parchment origami boxes to bake in, do not place them directly onto the rack, instead use a metal tray.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

KirkK said...

Nice use of leftovers Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Looks great!